Tuesday, December 1, 2009

First Real Patient...Part 2

Once I had time to do my x-rays, I took my dad in and did 4 BWX, I didn't get distal enough on the molars so I had to do one retake. They turned out pretty good, but I am having a really hard time seeing pathology on the x-rays. I thought they looked fine but after the instructor evaluated them they found cavities and bone loss that I couldn't really see. I guess I give them the benefit of the doubt and think their mouth is fine! :0( Once x-rays were over I finally got back and could start scaling, but we were pretty much out of time, so I quickly scaled one quad and got all the very prominant calculus off the lower anteriors and then it was time to walk the patient out. It was a good experience, but I don't feel ready to start seeing patients next semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment